We thought we’d give you a step by step behind-the-scenes look at how we build our boards from scratch.
We work directly with our customers to design your new board, we won’t start until all the details of your boards shape, and construction are sorted.
But don’t worry, if your not on Maui, we are accustomed to working remotely with people from all over the world.
2. Next, we CNC mill the bottom of your board.
3. We custom make a new rocker stick that will help ensure that the entire building process is as accurate as possible.
4. Next, we check the fit.
5. The bottom sandwich is vacuumed onto the blank.
6. The blank is now milled again for the final deck shape.
7. The milled deck is finish shaped and all of the inserts are marked for the carbon reinforcements inside the the deck sandwich.
8. The deck sandwich is now vacuumed down with the rocker stick inside the vacuum bag.
9. The board is finish shaped, insert locations market again, and then the board is routed using jigs to ensure an accurate installation.
10. All of the inserts are installed.
11. The deck lamination is vacuumed on.
12. Then the bottom lamination is vacuumed on.
13. The final sanding coat (or Hot coat) is applied.
14. The board is now sanded, and spot putty is applied.
15. The Spot putty is sanded, the board primed, a second spot putty applied, and then finish sanded.
16. The final paint is applied.
17. The graphics, pads, and texture are applied.
18. Ready to rip!!
We hope you found this informative, if you have any questions, drop us a line.
Check out the 12 video’s that show the whole process!